Ngwala Willumbong means ’dry place’ in Pitjantjatjara
Ngwala Willumbong Aboriginal Corporation is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that is dedicated to delivering quality specialist alcohol and drug residential rehabilitation and outreach support services to meet the needs of Aboriginal people and their families.
Founded over 50 years ago, Ngwala has been working with individuals, families and communities in a culturally sensitive manner, to reduce harm associated with drug and alcohol use and to provide a range of services that enhances physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Ngwala aims to create an environment for positive change for people whose lives have been affected by drugs and alcohol, by providing best practice services through a holistic approach that recognises the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of our people.
- Create a culturally-responsive, evidence-informed, service delivery framework and model of care
- Change Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander AOD and homelessness policy, practice and investment
- Provide culturally-appropriate health promotion and harm reduction approaches
- Locate fit-for-purpose therapeutic facilities and services across Victoria where community need exists
- Develop AOD homelessness and healing services for our youth and families
- Support the transition of our people from prison into family and community
Our Recovery Centres
Ngwala has a range of recovery centres dependent on specific individuals needs and the support they require. We recognise that individuals seek help for different reasons and programs need to be person-centred which is why we have a variety of programs and services to meet the individuals needs.